Charitable Gift Annuity
Are you looking for a secure source of fixed income for now or your future?
A Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) is a contract agreement through which a donor makes a gift of cash or property to MBF in exchange for MBF's promise to make fixed payemnts for the lifetime of one or two individuals. Funds remaining in the annuity account upon death of the annuitant(s) are used by MBF to support the donor's church or another Christian ministry selected by the donor.
How it Works
A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and Missouri Baptist Foundation.
- You transfer property to Missouri Baptist Foundation. In exchange we pay you fixed income for life.
- The fixed income can be quite high depending on your age.
- A portion of your income stream may even be tax-free.
- You will receive a charitable deduction for your gift of the remainder to the church or ministry of your choice and the satisfaction of furthering their mission.
Types of Assets You May Give
- If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity income will be tax-free.
- You may make a gift of your appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax.
Start Receiving Payments Now with a Current Gift Annuity
If you desire current income, you may transfer property in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed income beginning as early as this year. You will receive a current income tax charitable deduction for the value of your gift to the church or ministry of your choice.
Deferred Gift Annuity for Income at Future Date
Perhaps you are not ready to begin receiving income until a future date, such as when you retire. You can establish a deferred gift annuity, receive a current charitable income tax deduction and receive payments at a designated future time. Best of all, because you deferred your payments, your annual payment will be higher than with a current annuity. Contact us about flexible date options for your future income.